Data visualization tools are essential to finding the hidden insights in your data, which leads to better business decisions. This guide will explore the benefits of various data visualization tools and provide an overview based on your business needs and personality type.
What Is Data Visualization?
Data visualization is the graphical representation of data. It uses visual elements like graphs and maps to communicate information clearly and effectively. Data visualization tools make data more accessible, understandable, and actionable for business professionals.
What Are the Types of Data Visualization?
There are many different types of data visualization available to business professionals. Some of the most popular include infographics, charts, graphs, and maps. Each type has its strengths and weaknesses, so choosing the right one for your business needs is essential.
Top Data Visualization Tools for Business Professionals
Many data visualization tools exist, but which are the best for business professionals? Here are the top picks.
Microsoft offers two data visualization tools to help business professionals make sense of their data and find the insights they need to make better decisions.
Excel is a spreadsheet application offered by Microsoft used to create charts and graphs.
Excel has many built-in features and templates that make creating visualizations quick and easy. You can also use formulas to do calculations. Excel allows you to share your workbook with team members for real-time collaboration to complete tasks faster.
Image recognition functionality allows you to convert hard copy data into excel spreadsheets automatically. Excel’s best data visualization features include column charts, bar charts, line graphs, and scatter plots. You can also formulate forecasts for predictive analysis.
The software offers businesses Microsoft 365 basic, standard, and premium plans.
- Excel is a great data visualization tool for business because it is easy to use and widely available.
- Real-time team collaboration streamlines work leading to higher efficiency.
- Excel offers a wide range of templates.
- Some charts and graphs require a Microsoft365 subscription.
Power BI is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses turn data into insights. It offers features like data modeling and custom visuals.
Power BI helps businesses see their data in new and insightful ways. With many built-in features like conditional formatting, filtering, and interactive dashboards, it’s easier to find the information you need. The library of connectors lets you connect your data sources from Salesforce, Google Analytics, Twitter, and others with just a few clicks.
You can also build visuals on top of any Microsoft Office document, like Excel, giving you more flexibility over how your reports look when they’re finished.
Power BI has pro and premium plans, while sign-up is free.
- Power BI has sound security systems, such as end-to-end encryption, to keep your analytics data safe.
- The app provides many data visualization capabilities for excellent results.
- The demos on the website inform you about the software’s functionality.
- The platform’s usability may be daunting for new users.
Qlik Sense is a data visualization tool that helps businesses make better decisions by allowing them to see and interact with their data analytics in new ways. With Qlik Sense, companies easily create beautiful, interactive visualizations that you can share with colleagues and customers.
Qlik Sense integrates with other business intelligence tools, making it valuable to any business’s data arsenal. Vizlib Waterfall, for example, is the best Qlik Sense extension for transforming data into visual insights.
Trusted by top brands like Volvo and Samsung, Qlick Sense proves to be a trustworthy application. The application offers a Business plan with a free trial and an Enterprise Saas plan.
- Qlik Sense offers an excellent balance between affordability and functionality.
- The program is advantageous for its versatility and ease of use. Plus, you can automatically get AI-generated insights.
- The platform offers contact information and an integrated chatbot to keep in touch with clients.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise Saas solutions only run in the US, Ireland, and Australia.
Tableau is a data visualization tool that helps you see and understand data in new ways. With Tableau, you can connect to almost any data source, then visualize and create interactive dashboards with just a few clicks. Tableau’s drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to get started, even if you’re not a data expert.
You can also quickly show the correlations between different data sets or easily create animations showing how things change over time. Tableau offers unlimited licenses. The platform provides viewer, explorer, and creator pricing plans with a further option to buy more licenses.
- Organizations such as Lenovo and LinkedIn use Tableau software, making it reliable.
- Tableau offers a free trial once you download it.
- Unlimited licenses mean anyone at your company can use Tableau as much as they want at no additional cost.
- Purchasing more licenses on top of the pricing plans is a cost burden.
Google Charts is a free powerful data visualization tool that can help businesses of all sizes to understand their data better. The platform is easy to use and offers a variety of ready-to-use features, making it an excellent choice for companies looking to get started with data visualization.
Some key elements of Google Charts include creating custom charts and graphs, sharing charts and data with others, and exporting charts and data for further analysis.
- Google Charts offers a wide range of customizable charts and graphs.
- The software is entirely free.
- You can connect data in real-time using connection tools.
- The platform lacks a mobile app.
Zoho Analytics is a data visualization tool that helps businesses track and analyze their data. The agency offers a variety of features, including the ability to create custom reports, dashboards, and charts.
Plus, Zoho Analytics integrates with other Zoho products, making it easy to get started with data visualization. For example, users can connect their Google Drive or Dropbox account to access uploaded files and convert them into interactive charts. Users can also easily export data from within the dashboard into Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint slideshows.
Zoho Analytics comes in basic, standard, premium, and enterprise packages and a custom quote for custom plans. The platform does not require a credit card for a subscription.
- Zoho Analytics offers a free plan with unlimited reports and dashboards.
- The software incorporates physical and network security for data safety.
- Zoho Analytics provides virtual classroom training sessions.
- Zoho Analytics doesn’t integrate with non-Zoho applications like Slack.
Klipfolio is a great data visualization tool for businesses because it is easy to use and helps you create beautiful, interactive custom dashboards you can share with your team. Klipfolio integrates with various business intelligence tools, making it a one-stop shop for all your data needs.
If you’re looking for more help or inspiration, check out their library of pre-built data visualizations, including the most popular ones like line charts, pie charts, maps, and scatter plots. Klipfolio offers free, plus, pro, and custom pricing plans.
- Klipfolio is free to get started.
- You can modify, import, and visualize data using Klipfolio’s data modeler.
- The software offers safe storage for your visual data.
- Paid subscriptions are pricey.
Datawrapper is a great data visualization tool for business because it is easy to use and produces high-quality charts, tables, and map visuals. Plus, Datawrapper integrates with many popular data sources, such as Slack, making it a versatile tool for various data visualization needs.
Additionally, this particular program is best suited for small businesses because its capabilities are not overly complicated and can produce powerful visualizations without any coding knowledge required. Datawrapper offers free, custom, and enterprise plans.
- Unlimited chart, map, and table engaging visualizations.
- The platform allows team collaboration and provides custom themes for clients.
- The custom plan is expensive.
Infogram is a data visualization tool that helps you create interactive charts, graphs, and maps. It’s easy to use and has a free plan that gives you access to all of the features. Plus, Infogram integrates with other business tools like Google Sheets, so you can easily visualize your data.
Infogram offers free, pro, business, team, and enterprise plans.
- Pricing plans are relatively cheap compared to other platforms.
- The application offers many interactive chart types.
- You can publish your content online.
- You must acquire a paid subscription if working on numerous projects.
Sisense is a data visualization tool that helps businesses make sense of their data. It offers a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to create visualizations. The software has many built-in features that make it easy to customize your visuals.
Plus, Sisense integrates with various data sources, enabling you to connect your data and create visuals that tell a story. Sisense offers custom prices to organizations.
- Sisense offers a free trial.
- The platform provides demos for better usability.
- Top brands such as Philips work with Sisense.
- Sisense lacks pricing plans with fixed prices.
To make the most of your business intelligence, you need to be able to analyze the data you have at your disposal effectively. Then, you can turn it into useful information that supports making informed decisions in your organization.
Whichever tool you choose, make sure you spend time learning how to use it effectively.